Advanced Eye Screening
Major medical conditions can be found by simply examining your eyes.
3D OCT scan
- We have invested in a revolutionary piece of diagnostic equipment to give us the most accurate, detailed imaging of the deep layers of your retina and optic nerve.
- Our experienced optometrists are highly skilled at interpreting the results and using them to detect potential complications and conditions early – and identifying the most effective treatments.
- Baseline: We recommend you have a 3D OCT scan during your first appointment so we have a baseline measurement of your initial eye health to enable us to spot any changes.
- Regular monitoring: We help preserve and protect your eye health and vision from the insight gained from repeated 3D OCT scans. The regularity with which we recommend further scans depends up on your age and initial results.
3D OCT scans enable to us to detect a range of conditions, including:
- Glaucoma – damage to the optic nerve by the pressure of fluid inside your eye
- Central Serous Retinopathy – blurred vision due to fluid collecting under your macula
- Age-related macular degeneration – the most common cause of sight loss in the developed world.
- Diabetic Retinal Changes – including Macula Oedema (fluid underneath retina)